Thursday, April 1, 2010

smacked in the face with a pork chop!

Ok, this one is some funny stuff.



I love working at daycamps, but this particular summer I wanted to do something different. I was offered a job at Bear Creek Camp. It is the largest outdoor Lutheran camp in the world. Now, my nickname is Woody...but i'm a city girl...nothing woods about me. I decided to take the job and be one of their daycamp team leaders. It was kinda like vacation bible school on tour.



There were about 50 counselors...made alot of friends. We had two week training sessions. The last night of training traditon is to have a staff dance party. Well a lot of the music i couldnt' get down with however they played some hip-hop. I was in the kitchen with some people and i heard Will Smith's "getting giggy with it" i love to dance so I left the kitchen to get my chance to dance didn't know when the next hip-hop song was going to be played...didn't wanna miss my chance. So walked out the door and Dave walks into the kitchen.



So, I go and get giggy with it! The next morning camp's first day we have a staff meeting to go over any thing we might of missed and to get our assignments for the week. Dallas who I love dearly is a very senstive person. He has a Britney Spears bookbag so tight on his back looks like its on his neck. He's over 6'0 and very handsome! He's third degree black belt. Now, I don't know how all this makes up Dallas all I know is I love him!



After Ben (director) was finished with his part of the meeting, Dallas wanted to address the staff. Remind you he's very sensitive. He looked so depressed and you can hear it in his voice he was deeply troubled. I'm sitting there like, Oh my God who messed with my Dallas. Dallas starts talking and breathing heavily.



Dallas: Guys I know that we like to have fun and mess with each other. We have a lot of fun together. I love that about us! (Pause) But sometimes we go overboard. We can hurt people's feelings even though we think we are having fun. (long pause, deep breath). There's someone on staff that came to me last night after the party. I know this person used to be a pain but he changed. He doesn't know if he still wants to stay here this summer because of what happened last night. We really need to stop messing with him. (Smacking his big hand on the floor) It has been continusly, continusly, and I'm not going to take it anymore cause he is my friend. (another long pause and puts his head down) Dallas looks up and looks at all of us and he has a tear coming down his face. (I'm like damn what happened)Dallas takes a long breath and says, "LAST NIGHT DAVE GOT SMACKED IN THE FACE WITH A PORK CHOP"



I looked at Dave and start busting out laughing..and I yelled out, Damn, at least they could of threw some corn and mash potatos..you could of had a meal. I was the only one laughing, I didn't care that was some funny stuff. Dallas really took it to heart...then again he is sensitive. He was depressed all day. Dave did stay for the summer, but no more food was thrown his way!



All I have to say is..Thank God for friends...oh yeah, and pork chops

No comments:

Post a Comment